Eligibility for Selection
- The selection for Aorangi Representative teams is open to New Zealand Citizens and Permanent New Zealand Residents whose handicap is administered by a member club of Aorangi Golf.
- Players must have full playing rights, and handicap held at their home club and have been a member of this club for at least six months prior to the NZ Interprovincial.
- Comply with the NZ Golf Anti-Doping Policy.
- Comply with the Aorangi Golf Representative Code of Conduct.
- Convenor of Selectors: Ginny Bolderston
- Selector: Blair Franklin
- Players’ performances will be monitored over the season.
- Players will be expected to be involved in Aorangi pennants, if unavailable to play (due to circumstances agreed with by the Selectors) a minimum of 24 Club rounds must be played throughout the year, this gives the selectors a good guide on form.
- Performances from the Aorangi North v's South match. 36 Holes match play or stroke play.
- Aorangi stroke play from 2020. Venue TBC.
Aorangi v Canterbury? V Otago? V Southland v Tasman?
South Island Interprovincial.
Also to be considered in selection:
- Results from events outside of Aorangi.
- Performance displayed in previous Aorangi Representative Teams.
- Suitability of the individual’s game for each competitive venue.
- The ability for an athlete to fit into a team environment and act cooperatively.
- Desire & commitment to represent Aorangi.
- The player’s attitude and conduct on and off the course.
- The player’s fitness levels
Any discipline issues
Aorangi Golf Representative Players must sign an Aorangi Golf Representative Code of Conduct Agreement. In signing the agreement the player agrees to abide by the code and acknowledges that failure to do so may result in removal from the representative team.
Conditions of Selection
The selected layer must be available for, and commit, to all Aorangi representative fixtures, team preparation programmes and team meetings. Selected players who can't attend a fixture must provide adequate proof to be granted dispensation. Failure to do so may impact on future selections.
User Pays Contribution
The user pays contribution applies for the following events, NZ Women’s Interprovincial, NZ Men’s Interprovincial, NZ Women’s Masters, and NZ Freyberg Masters. The user pays contribution not only plays a small part in the overall costs but is also ownership from the team members to contribute to the opportunity to compete at the national events. Players will be asked to pay the user pays subsidy for each irrespective of the tournament venue.