18 March 2020
This evening the Aorangi Golf Association Board met to discuss our position on the Covid-19 virus and how we as an association will manage this unprecedented situation.
After a lengthy discussion which covered all aspects of the game, it has been decided that ALL Pennant golf (both men and women) along with any other Aorangi managed tournaments will be cancelled until the 3rd May 2020.
With an already crowded calendar, the cancelled games will not be replayed. We are aware that this may advantage some teams while disadvantaging others, but I would expect that all clubs show and have an understanding at such an extraordinary time in our lives. With the current climate changing daily, the 3rd May date could well change depending on further developments.
The Aorangi Board will continue to communicate with all clubs and both Aorangi match committees regarding future developments.
Clubs are expected to operate under the recommendations as supplied by NZ Golf to ensure the Health & Safety of all golfers is at the forefront of all clubs. These are listed below.
Clubs are also encouraged to review all tournaments and events that are planned over the next few months and the possibility of rescheduling at a later date.
Thank you for your understanding in such trying times.
Stay safe, look after your families and let's hope this nasty virus leaves as quickly as it arrived.
If you have any questions then please don't hesitate to contact me on email@example.com
Health and safety must take priority over any other consideration.
For now, restrictions do not prevent clubs from operating their facilities, however, we suggest clubs and facilities consider the following: